Not long before our father died, my brother and I invited him to join us for a hike in Yosemite valley. He showed up carrying an old vintage leather bag from God knows when. Come to find out, it belonged to Frank, our father’s college roommate who went off to Vietnam and never came home. That bag, those two men, and their epic road trips are the inspiration for our Dakota Collection.
Frank drove a Chevy El Camino, you know, that car/truck wonder. Dad said he constantly busted Frank’s balls over it, but Frank stood firm contending it was the best of both worlds. They drove that wonder one summer all the way to Acadia, and slept in the bed under the stars each night. For a couple of claustrophobes, that was pure heaven. Frank handed the keys to that El Camino over to my Dad when he left for Vietnam.
Our Dakota Military Duffle Bag comes in khaki, tan, or navy. Is it a backpack or a duffle bag? Is the El Camino a car or a truck? Exactly. It’s a military grade duffle bag when you want it to be. But with the presence of two additional leather straps, this wonder converts to a backpack. It’s the best of both worlds as Frank would say. Crafted of waxed canvas and vegetable tanned leather, these bags were built to honor the memory of good men and good days.
- Waxed Coated 15oz. Canvas
- Full Grain Leather - Vegetable Tan, Distressed Vintage Finishing
- Hammered Copper Rivets in all the Right Places
- Interior Lined in Nylon, Quick Dry and Easy Cleaning
- 2 Interior Side Slots for Accessories
- Tough and Rugged Durable Nylon Thread
- Black Distressed Vintage Hardware
- Tough Leather Handles
- 2 Leather Shoulder Straps / Padded / Adjustable for Backpack Carry or Convert to Shoulder Straps
- Exterior Zipper Pocket for Travel Documents, Easy Access
- All Leather Bottom (One Piece) - Rugged and Durable
- Imported from Mexico
Dimensions: 20” L x 12” H x 11.5” W
Weight: 5 lbs 13 oz.