When you want a jacket with the timelessness of leather and the character of quality craftsmanship, you want one of Buffalo Jackson’s outdoor leather jackets. Like the Theodore Leather Field Jacket, crafted of soft lambskin leather that feels like a worn-in favorite on day one. With its slim fit, high-neck collar, four front pockets and antique brass button snaps, it has the classic field jacket look while promising to keep you as warm as the rough riders of old.
Or consider the Driggs Leather Jacket: a combination of the iconic denim jacket structure with the rugged class of a fine brown leather jacket. While we love the heritage of denim jackets as work apparel for the likes of cowboys, miners, and railroad workers, we had to make it our own -- and that means, make it leather. The Driggs is crafted with full grain goat leather, antique brass buttons, and pocket & seam details to match those classic denim jackets. This outdoor leather jacket will easily become your year-round go-to.
Browse our full collection of men’s outdoor leather jackets for a quality piece that will last for decades.
EXPLORE OUR SUITE OF LEATHER JACKETS
As the leather industry has evolved with modern technology, we’ve taken pride in keeping our leather looking and feeling as great as the good ol’ days — with some modern sensibilities. We offer a full collection of quality leather jackets in various styles that pay respect to old-school values of hard work, grit, and the spirit of adventure.
Our styles of leather jackets are crafted using various types of leather including lambskin, sheepskin, bison leather, and cow leather. Each type of leather offers distinctive properties for our different leather jacket styles. These distinctions normally boil down to texture, appearance, and how the leathers are processed. One thing all of our leather types have in common: they make incredible leather jackets.
Buffalo Jackson leather jacket styles include leather outdoor jackets, leather puffer jackets, leather bomber jackets, leather motorcycle jackets, and more. Whether you’re trekking through the city or the field, riding a Harley or on horseback, we have a leather jacket for you.
TAKING CARE OF YOUR OUTDOOR LEATHER JACKET
Proper leather care is key to preserving and extending the life of your jacket. We’ve curated answers to your questions about how to care for wet or stained leather, and you can shop our leather care products for a premium cleaner and conditioner that are easy to use. Below are 5 basic steps to cleaning your leather jacket:
*Always spot-check each step before proceeding with the full jacket!
- Lightly dust. Gently wipe away any dust or oil buildup using a soft cloth in a light circular motion.
- Prepare cleaning solution. *If your jacket isn't excessively dirty, skip to step 4.Mix two teaspoons of mild liquid detergent with warm water to create a gentle cleaning solution that can be used on your leather jacket without causing abrasions or other damage.
- Gently clean. Soak a soft sponge or cloth in your mild soap solution until it is saturated, then wring it out so it’s damp, but not soaking wet. The key to this cleaning approach is to use as little moisture as possible. Lightly blot the leather to avoid leaving watermarks, and remember to feather your blots. Do not rub or scrub!
- Wipe down. Remove soap residue by wiping down with a clean cloth saturated with a small amount of clean water. (Remember to use the smallest amount of moisture needed.) Then, pat the leather with a soft, dry towel, and hang the jacket somewhere cool until it is completely dry. Do not use direct heat (like a hair dryer or direct sunlight) to try to speed up the drying time.
- Remember the inside! The soap solution used for cleaning the outside of your leather jacket can also be used to clean the inside. Remember that cleaning the inside of your jacket is as important as preserving the outside; sweat on the interior of the jacket can eventually break down the lining and compromise the leather. To clean the inside, turn the jacket inside-out, and use a soft sponge or cloth and the same mild soap solution. Pay close attention to the cuffs, collar, and underarms, and then hang the jacket to dry in a cool, dry area. (Do not use direct heat.)
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. What is a leather field jacket?
A leather field jacket is a jacket-length coat that is usually worn on top of other apparel or items of clothing, and made from the tanned hide of various animals like bison or buffalo. The leather material is typically dyed black, or various shades of brown, but a wide range of colors is possible.
2. Why should I get a leather outdoor jacket?
You should consider leather outdoor jackets because they protect you from the wind, rain, and snow. They offer better protection than most jackets due to the quality of the leather.
3. What is the best outdoor leather jacket to get?
It is best to choose an outdoor leather jacket that is made with full grain leather since that is the most durable leather material. There are actually many styles to choose from, including leather bomber jackets, leather motorcycle jackets, leather puffer jackets, and more.
4. How long will a Buffalo Jackson outdoor leather jacket last?
A Buffalo Jackson outdoor leather jacket can last a lifetime if well cared for. Consider these articles about how to clean a leather jacket and how to store leather jackets. Your leather jacket will even improve with age thanks to the flexibility of leather and its ability to adapt to the wear and tear of its environment.
5 . What color leather jackets does Buffalo Jackson offer?
Buffalo Jackson carries multiple colors including black leather jackets and multiple shades of brown leather jackets.