Not long before our father died, my brother and I invited him to join us for a hike in Yosemite valley. He showed up carrying an old vintage leather bag from God knows when. Come to find out, it belonged to Frank, our father’s college roommate who went off to Vietnam and never came home. That bag, those two men, and their epic road trips are the inspiration for our Dakota Collection.
It seems sorta lame now, but back then Frank kept a dreamcatcher hanging from the rearview mirror in the El Camino. He bought it on the very first road-trip he and Dad took – to see Carlsbad Caverns. We asked Dad if he believed in it’s power to catch negative dreams while letting positive ones flow on down. Dad said, “Hell. I don’t know. We were dreamers, and we wanted to catch all we could.”
Our Dakota Hanging Travel Kit could hang from your rearview mirror, but we don’t recommend it. Ours has a simple leather-strap-bead latch that opens to reveal a place to catch and hold all the toiletries a man needs when he travels. We offer it in three canvas color options – khaki, saddle tan, or navy – accented by tanned leather. Pack it with your necessities, and go catch a few dreams.
Features of the Dakota Hanging Travel Kit:
- Waxed Coated 15oz. Canvas
- Full Grain Leather - Vegetable Tan, Distressed
- Hammered Copper Rivets in all the right places
- Durable Long Lasting Nylon Thread
- Interior Nylon Fabric / Quick Wipe and Wash
- Interior Zip Mesh Pocket for Toothbrush, Nail Clippers, Loose Items
- Large Zipper Opening for Shampoo, Deodorant, Etc
- Leather Strap Folds on Itself to form a loop, and metal hook provided to hang
- Imported Mexico
Closed: 6.5” H x 10.25" W 4.5” D
Open: 19" H x 10.25" W x 3.5" D
Weight: 13 oz