** We have updated this bag to a new version with Water Buffalo Leather, and Durable Marine Grade Stitching. The new version is available here at the same price for a limited time. Click Here
Everett Ruess wrote those words a few months before his disappearance into the barren Utah desert. A bold adventurer, artist, and writer, he tramped around the Southwest between the ages of 16 and 20 with one goal: oneness with nature. In 1934, at the age of twenty, he vanished. His body was never found. His legend lives on.
26 June 1931
Two of the men generously contrived a pack saddle for me from three broken ones.
We had several broken, so to speak, models of this vintage leather messenger bag, and we just didn’t feel good about them. Something just wasn’t right, not generous enough. So we took them and contrived this one that truly resembles a pack saddle carried on your shoulder. The Everett Men's Vintage Leather Messenger Bag – this one we feel good about. You could say it is a thing of unbearable beauty.
Features of the Everett Men's Vintage Leather Messenger Bag:
- Genuine Full Grain Leather
- Leather Color: Old World Vintage Leather
- Genuine brass and iron hardware
- Interior zippered pocket
- Zipper closing main compartment / For Laptops and Macbooks up to 15" and 17" in main compartment
- Exterior zippered pocket
- Open pockets for travel documents
- Waxed canvas lined interior
- Adjustable 2" wide shoulder strap
- Carry handle and full flap cover with magnetic snap closures.
Leather Disclaimer: The leather color can vary between darker and lighter hues due to the handcrafted nature of the tanning process. As the bag ages, it will slowly develop a deeper and richer patina, adding even more to the character to the bag.
Dimensions: 17" L x 12" H x 7" W
Weight: 4 lbs